LEGAL RELEASE & PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT: HOSTING A TAPPING PARTY
Thank you for participating as a Host of a Tapping Party with your Membership of The World Tapping Circle, a weekly, online LIVE program shared with attendees (“Guests”) of your event (“Tapping Party”) sponsored by the Sophia School of Healing Arts, LLC (“SSHA”) and presented by Sonya Sophia (“Presenter”). The purpose of the Tapping Party is to support members and their Guests with their health and well-being and to help end self-sabotage, limiting beliefs and negative patterns that can block them from achieving their goals.
By becoming a Member and participating in the Tapping Party, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. You understand that the information presented during the broadcast of the World Tapping Circle, including ideas, teachings, protocols, methods, resources, suggestions, techniques, videos, products and other materials is educational in nature. It is provided only as general information and is not psychological or medical advice. Further, you understand your participation in the Tapping Party is not intended to create nor does it establish a client-practitioner relationship, or any other type of professional relationship, between you and the Presenter or you and your Guests. This should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, spiritual, coaching or other professional advice of any kind or nature.
2. You understand by participating in the Tapping Party, you will be sharing with your Guests, a modality identified as Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT, which is referred to as a type of energy therapy. EFT uses the ancient Chinese meridian system to balance your energy system with a gentle Tapping procedure. This is designed to stimulate designated meridian end points on the face and body, while focusing on issues of emotional intensity, in order to release the intensity and reframe the issues. The prevailing premise of EFT is that the flow and balance of the body’s electromagnetic and more subtle energies are important for physical, spiritual and emotional health, and for fostering well-being. EFT is believed to work with imbalances within the person’s energy system and to address the energetic influence of thoughts, beliefs and emotions on the body. While EFT can be used within a therapeutic setting with professional health care providers, you understand EFT is solely presented during the Tapping Party as a self-help tool for overall health and well-being.
3. You understand there is a distinction between “healing”, as an aspect of the Tapping Party, and the practice of medicine, psychology or any other licensed health care practice. EFT is self-regulated and is considered alternative or complementary to the healing arts that are licensed in the United States. While the Presenter has extensive experience in the healing arts, she is not a physician, psychologist, psychotherapist or other licensed health care provider and the services she offers are not licensed by the State of Texas or elsewhere in the United States.
You agree to have you and your Guests take full responsibility for self-care in the emotional, mental, physical and spiritual dimensions of life and to seek professional advice, as appropriate, before making any health decisions. Further, you assume and agree to have you and your guests accept full and complete responsibility for applying what may be experienced from participating in the Tapping Party for yourself and your Guests.
4. You understand the Tapping Party is experiential in nature, and any information presented during the World Tapping Circle, including about EFT, is not intended to represent the use of EFT to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any medical problem or psychological disorder, nor is EFT intended as a substitute for seeking professional health care advice. You and your Guests agree to consult with your health care providers for any specific medical, emotional or psychological problems or issues. Further, you and your Guests agree to continue any medical or psychological treatments that you’re currently receiving and to not stop seeing any of your health care professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your health care professional. You and your Guests do agree to this, even if — after participating in the Tapping Party — you believe that such medication, treatment or therapy is unnecessary.
5. Although EFT appears to have promising emotional, spiritual and physical health benefits and there is a growing amount of scientific research indicating that EFT is an effective evidence supported therapy, EFT has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical and psychological communities and therefore, may be considered experimental. Because EFT is a relatively new healing approach and the extent of its effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits are not fully known, you and your Guests agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with being a member and participating in the Tapping Party and using EFT as a result of being a member and participating in the Tapping Party. Further, you agree and understand that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law.
6. Because of the experimental nature of EFT, you agree and understand SSHA and the Presenter cannot provide any guarantees or predictions regarding the outcome or the results you or your Guests may experience from being a member and participating in the Tapping Party. Some of the benefits you or your Guests may experience from participating in the Tapping Party may include, feeling more physically energized, emotionally calm and less stressed and an overall sense of well-being. However, please be advised by participating in the Tapping Party, it’s possible you or your Guests may inadvertently experience an adverse physical and/or emotional reaction which could be perceived as a negative side effect. In addition, by participating in the Tapping Party, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort, which may be related to stressful experiences you or your Guests may have had earlier in life. If you or your Guests experience any negative side effects or any distressing physical, mental, emotional or spiritual reactions while participating in the Tapping Party, you agree to seek appropriate professional help.
7. Any stories or testimonials discussed or presented during the Tapping Party do not constitute a warranty, guarantee or prediction regarding the outcome for any particular issue or purpose. Further, you and your Guests understand that SSHA and the Presenter make no warranty, guarantee or prediction regarding any outcome for you or your Guests during or after the Tapping Party for any particular issue or purpose. Due to the fact that the Tapping Party may include group processes in which you may voluntarily reveal personal information you understand that you and your Guests waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality.
8. You and your Guests understand that participation in the Tapping Party is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You and your Guests represent that you’re competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Tapping Party. Further, you and your Guests represent that you are an adult, under the laws of the state of your residence, and that you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
9. Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and affect. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, family, legal representative, successors and assigns.
By registering and participating in the Tapping Party, you are acknowledging that you have carefully and completely read and fully understand all aspects of this Agreement. You do agree to all of the terms and conditions stated herein. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to fully release, indemnify, hold harmless and defend, SSHA, its owners, members, principals, employees, staff members, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers and others associated with SSHA, from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Tapping Party.
Thank You for Participating! Please Enjoy your Tapping Party!